Residents are urged to comply with the water restriction to avoid legal action being taken.
Residents of surrounding towns within the Witzenberg area are also urged to use water sparingly to ensure that there is sufﬁcient water for all.
Points to note:
- No mechanical irrigation of gardens
- Gardens may be watered only on the following days between 19:00 and 21:00:
- Even numbered households: Only Mondays and Thursdays
- Odd numbered households: Only Tuesdays and Fridays
- If a garden hose is used, it must be hand-held.
- No washing of cars with a hose.
- No filling of swimming pools.
- If own water used (bore hole or reservoir) a sign “own water” must be displayed.
- Each household shall be limited to 40 kilolitres per month. (This works out at 1 300 litters per day)
- Other users, businesses and the entertainment industries shall reduce consumption by 15 % of the average use over the previous twelve months.
- Industries shall reduce consumption by 10 % of the average use over the previous twelve months
Note: By reducing your water usage now we may avoid stricter water restrictions this summer.
For more information and for tarrifs, please contact Technical Services on 0233161854
Last published 01 February 2017