Closing Date: 29 July 2017
Salary: R 272 501.52
- National Diploma relevant to Degree Public Relations / Journalism/ Communication or equivalent NQF level 6.
- Code B Driver licence.
- 3 years relevant experience.
- Good supervision, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Fluent in at least 2 of 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Obtain information from the Office of the Municipal Manager for the release of media statements
- Submit draft media statements to the immediate superior for approval prior to releasing information
- Undertake trend analyses and analytic monitoring of pertinent issues to officials, location and services.
- Participate in the District Communication and Participation Forum meetings and provide information and gather facts pertaining to the functionality.
- Source quotations from service providers on advertisements, catering, etc (currently below R30 000).
- Compile relevant documents to accompany quotations to raise order.
- Coordinate the organization and facilitation of branding and photography at events.
- Provide assistance to the media at events (local, national and international) by explaining context and relevance, providing interview opportunities and obtaining material for broadcast and publication.
- Receive instructions from the immediate superior to perform specific updates on specific website information pertaining to the functionality (e.g. replacement of content and images, etc).
- Communicate with the IT Section regarding the functionality of the website.
- Coordinate in collaboration with the immediate superior the creation of design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation and layout content for the municipality’s website.
Senior Public Relations Officer (72.77KB)
Last published 18 July 2017
- Monitor attendance and output of subordinate personnel and address deviations from agreed performance. indicators through meetings, counseling and other approved methods designed to improve and motivate personnel.
- Establish the adequacy and availability of personnel against agreed outcomes and motivate to the immediate superior for additional resources.
- Participate in the induction programme and, providing “on the job” training for new personnel to the Section.