Closing Date: 22 July 2020
Salary: R 129 121, 08 per annum (Post Level T6 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Grade 12
- Computer Literate (MS Word Applications).
- 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Must be fit and healthy to carry out the duties of the job.
- Good eyesight, hearing and speech ability.
- Required to work shifts of 12-hours per day and night as per shift roster at the Control Room under stressful conditions.
- Good interpersonal, human relations and communication skills.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, IsiXhosa or English.
Senior Clerk: Client Services (92.93KB)
Last published 20 July 2020
- Attend to public and consumers through telephonic communication.
- Answer telephone queries of consumers and log all calls received.
- Providing prompt assistance to prevent a backlog of calls and queries.
- Establish the need of the client through questioning to determine the purpose of the call (telephone and walk in clients)
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information and decide on the best possible action to escalate the matter at hand, e.g. contacting the correct official/department to resolve the issue.
- Perform customer verifications to establish and confirm the identity of the complainant.
- Provide assistance to client and consumers with; escalating reconnection of services (water, electricity); General complaints involving service delivery and emergency services (e.g. Emergency Medical Services) relay.
- Direct requests and unsolved issues to the designated departments/sections.
- Communicate information to and coordinate action to follow with internal departments.
- Revert to the enquirer/complainant and provide details on the outcomes of the complaint.
- Record details of enquiries and complaints on the electronic system.
- Conduct enquiries at departments to obtain relevant information.
- Providing information of a varied nature related to logged callers and to clients upon receiving requests.
- Emailing specific information on complaints internally to the immediate superior.
- Register all details regarding complaints on the computer as well as manually and refer it to the immediate superior.
- Conduct follow up sequences to establish progress made with public enquiries for report back purposes.
- Maintain the electronic logs for statistical purposes and for inclusion of statistics in official reports.
- Liaise with other sections and departments where queries and confirmations are required.
- Interacting with consumers and members of the public regarding the queries and problems experienced with services and accounts.
- Obtain and pass on information to superior on municipal matters and matters of general interest to the public.
- Provide feedback to customers where queries cannot be dealt with immediately.