Closing Date: 17 September 2021
Salary: R 165 862, 40 per annum (Post Level T7 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Grade 12
- Code B Driver’s License.
- 1 year relevant experience.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications).
- Good human relations, interpersonal, communication, sound typing and administrative skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and to handle conflict.
- Must be fit and healthy to carry out duties.
- Good eyesight, hearing and speech ability
- Must be able to function effectively in difficult working conditions
- Must be mentally fit and able to do the work
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Principal Clerk (93.42KB)
Last published 06 September 2021
- Provide a typing support service to the Protection Services with, general correspondence, incident reports, memorandums and duty rosters.
- Receive instructions from the immediate superior and obtain information on all typing instructions.
- Do general typing work for the Protection Services to assist with the flow of reports and documentation.
- Provide a clerical support to the immediate supervisor and Office in respect of specific administrative and clerical tasks associated within Protection Services.
- Check the accuracy of details recorded on transactional documentation and update work in progress, information and data on specific systems of the department.
- Merge, copy and transfer data from applications by formatting and generating forms and transactional documentation for approval.
- Insert, track progress and check fields on databases to maintain records of maintenance contracts and other functional work conducted by the personnel.
- File completed work orders in alpha-numeric or chronological sequence and retrieve files on request from departmental personnel.
- Attend to and establish the nature of enquiries and complaints from the general public and officials.
- Use specific formats and sequences depending on the instruction received.
- Attend to specific meetings as instructed and take minutes of proceedings.
- Type minutes and submit it to the Chairman for corrections and / or approval.
- Updating personnel records and registers (leave/ sick leave, attendance) extracting information upon request.
- Attend to the switchboard and make / receive telephonic calls
- Forward calls and messages to specific personnel and Sections for attention.
- Record and log requests from users, prioritizing urgent requests and forwarding to the specific person / Officer for attention.