Closing Date: 05 August 2019
Salary: R 156 105.78 pa (Post Level T7 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Grade 12 with accounting as a subject
- Computer literacy (MS Applications) & DB4 (will be advantageous)
- 2 years relevant experience
- Good supervision, interpersonal, numerical and communication skills
- Accuracy and ability to give attention to detail
- Ability to give attention to detail and to work under pressure
- High level of responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work overtime when required.
- Must perform duties in the whole Municipal area when required
- Fluent in 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Principal Clerk: Cashier (80.23KB)
Last published 23 July 2019
- Perform daily cash ups and balancing of cashier collections
- Supervise the safekeeping and daily deposit of cashier collections
- Draw bank statements and allocate payments to different accounts on the Financial System and verify all daily Cashier transitions ,Electronic payments, third party payments and Debit order payments.
- Inform businesses of payment schedules by available media on due dates and verify the correctness of schedule information on the system for allocation purposes
- Print electronic payment advices verifying payments made
- Compile a spreadsheet reflecting identified queries for submission to the Bank.
- Reconciling of total collections against receipts
- Ensure all monies received are allocated correctly to customer accounts and income votes
- Verify all cashier transactions, electronic payments, third party payments etc.
- Attend to all enquiries regarding payments and receipts
- Follow up on identified deposits
- Attends to and controls tasks/activities associated with personnel performance, productivity and discipline