Closing Date: 08 August 2019
Salary: R 393 640.25 pa (Post level T14 (Subjected to final TASK outcome) of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualification(NQF 6) or equivalent experiences
- 8 Years’ experience in a Managerial position.
- Code 08 driver’s license
- Computer literate(MS Word Applications)
- Good Managerial, interpersonal, communication and human relations skills.
- Sound Mathematical and technical Skills
- Ability to give attention to detail and high level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle conflict.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Manager Resorts and Swimming Pools (110.07KB)
Last published 29 July 2019
- Plan and formulate policy, introducing and enforcing same in the Section, including the revision and development of policies regarding quality management systems and operational and management strategies
- Lead, direct and formulate policy on latest market trends in Resort and Recreation Management
- Identify the short, medium and long term objectives and plans associated with the provision of technical support to the Section
- Manage and control the implementation of procedures and systems associated with statutory requirements
- Manage and control the implementation of related Council policies at Resorts and Swimming Pools in the municipal area
- Manage and control the operational functioning of the Resorts and Swimming Pool Section
- Conduct sectional meetings to discuss matters requiring intervention and to implement remedial action
- Submit Sectional information during the compilation of the Directorate's operational and capital budget
- Manage and monitor the implementation of procedures and systems associated with legal and statutory requirements
- Manage the operational activities of the subsections to provide a professional service
- Manage the implementation and adherence to safety regulations regarding personal safety of personnel (protective clothing and equipment before commencement of work
- Manage, direct and control the outcomes associated with utilization, productivity and performance of personnel In the Resorts and Swimming Pool Section and compile operation budgets in conjunction with personnel for operational needs
- Conduct functional management by continuous evaluation and assigning of functions and activities of Sections, distribution of competencies and establishing personnel requirements
- Manage the formulation of specific contracts, tender documents and control contractual obligations
- Verify details, terms and conditions and specifications, and establish that it conforms to laid down policies, regulations and procedures
- Participate in the appointment process, and brief Consultants and Contractors on the terms and scope of the tender or contract
- Disseminate functional and operational information on short, medium and long term objectives, as well as current developments, problems and constraints
- Attend Integrated Development Plan meetings of Regional Forums to facilitate functional information and to invite public comment
- Manage the implementation of procedures and systems associated with document flow, quality systems, statutory and audit requirements
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Management Team of the Directorate and participate in corporate decision making, policy formulating and financial and functional planning processes