Closing Date: 29 November 2019
Salary: R 393 640.25 per annum (Post level T 14 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualification(NQF 6)
- 8 Years’ experience in a Managerial position.
- Code 08 driver’s license
- Computer literate(MS Word Applications)
- Good Managerial, interpersonal, communication and human relations skills.
- Sound Mathematical and technical Skills
- Ability to give attention to detail and high level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle conflict.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Manager Resorts and Swimming Pools (110.51KB)
Last published 18 November 2019
- Plan and formulate policy, introducing and enforcing same in the Section, including the revision and development of policies regarding quality management systems and operational and management strategies
- Lead, direct and formulate policy on latest market trends in Resort and Recreation Management
- Identify the short, medium and long term objectives and plans associated with the provision of technical support to the Section
- Manage and control the implementation of procedures and systems associated with statutory requirements
- Manage and control the implementation of related Council policies at Resorts and Swimming Pools in the municipal area
- Manage and control the operational functioning of the Resorts and Swimming Pool Section
- Conduct sectional meetings to discuss matters requiring intervention and to implement remedial action
- Compile operation budgets in conjunction with personnel for operational needs
- Submit Sectional information during the compilation of the Directorate's operational and capital budget
- Manage and monitor the implementation of procedures and systems associated with legal and statutory requirements
- Manage the operational activities of the subsections to provide a professional service
- Manage the implementation and adherence to safety regulations regarding personal safety of personnel (protective clothing and equipment before commencement of work
- Manage, direct and control the outcomes associated with utilization, productivity and performance of personnel In the Resorts and Swimming Pool Section
- Conduct functional management by continuous evaluation and assigning of functions and activities of Sections, distribution of competencies and establishing personnel requirements
- Manage the formulation of specific contracts, tender documents and control contractual obligations
- Verify details, terms and conditions and specifications, and establish that it conforms to laid down policies, regulations and procedures
- Participate in the appointment process, and brief Consultants and Contractors on the terms and scope of the tender or contract