Closing Date: 02 March 2018
Salary: R 448 389 .48 per annum
- A degree or Higher Diploma in Municipal Finance or relevant qualification in the fields of Accounting, Finance or Economics registered on the National Qualification Framework at a Level 6
- Minimum of (a) 5 years’ experience of which at least 2 years must be at middle Management level and at least 3 years at any level in a role related to the position of the official; or (b) 7 years’ experience at any level in a role related to the position of the position of the official.
- Must comply with regulation 9 of the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels
- Must have a valid Code B drivers licence
- Computer literacy: (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Must be able to act independently regarding decision making
- Must be able to work under pressure and overtime when required
- Good managerial, interpersonal and communication skills, conflict Management skills, management and supervisory skills.
- Good understanding of the Municipal Finance Management Act and the Municipal Property Rates Act.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Manager Income (69.61KB)
Last published 16 February 2018
- Co-ordinates the implementation of functional procedures, systems and controls;
- Co-ordinates and controls tasks / activities associated with controlling personnel performance, productivity and discipline;
- Lead, direct and formulate policy, introducing and enforcing same in the Section on latest legislation changes and or operational requirements in Revenue Management;
- Responsible for the management of the revenue and debt collection / credit control of the municipality in terms of the Municipal Finance Management act. the Municipal Property Rates Act and relevant policies;
- Manage, direct and control the outcomes associated with utilization, productivity and performance of personnel in the Section;
- Manage the formulation of specific contracts, tender documents and control contractual obligations relevant to the income section;
- Identify and define the short to medium term objectives and priorities of the section;
- Attends to specific administrative recording and reporting requirements;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors e.g. clearing of audit queries;
- Carry out duties assigned by Chief Financial Officer and or Deputy Director Finance.