Closing Date: 21 August 2017
Salary: R 345 434. 76 (Post Level T14 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualification or equivalent (National Diploma: Mechanical Engineering)NQF6
- Code EB driver’s licence.
- 4 Years experiences in a Managerial position.
- Good managerial, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Fluent in 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Manager: Fleet and Mechanical Workshop (71.65KB)
Last published 07 August 2017
- Control and coordinate the effective maintenance of the mechanical workshop and fleet and that it is performed in an acceptable manner and according to prescribed specifications.
- Plan and co-ordinate the mechanical workshop and fleet to ensure a safe and effective service is rendered.
- Ensure an effective mechanical workshop and fleet service and keep the necessary statistics in this regard.
- Manage and co-ordinate the mechanical workshop and fleet Section.
- Attend to correspondence and complex enquiries and complaints that cannot be disposed by subordinates.
- Provide input and draft new policy regarding the mechanical workshop and fleet and make recommendations to Council in this regard.
- Maintain existing policies and submit changes to the immediate superior for consideration by Council
- Liaise extensively with internal and external parties.
- Communicate via personal meetings, by telephone or by written correspondence.
- Provide feedback to complainants regarding service delivery problems experienced.
- Discuss with Service Providers on best prices for maintenance work that need to be done.
- Liaise and negotiate with Contractors for municipal contracts.
- Submit inputs regarding capital works and accompany Director to problem areas.
- Attend to public service and service delivery matters to ensure that specific deadlines are met regarding the mechanical workshop and fleet services.
- Supervise subordinates, leading and guiding staff (3 direct, 2 indirect); contractors at the mechanical workshop and fleet.
- Supply direction and advice to personnel and give training where necessary.
- Approve the leave of staff and the monitoring thereof.
- Leading, guiding, instructing, delegating work and motivating subordinates by means of regular staff meetings and daily interaction with subordinates.
- Monitor the operational budget to ensure responsible spending.
- Take preventative action to rectify any deviations found on the budget.
- Monitor the Capital Budget to ensure all major projects as approved by Council are finalized in order to uphold service delivery standards.
- Compile and manage the Sectional budget.
- Evaluate fleet tariffs and convey information to other Departments.