JOINT STATEMENT BY ALL POLITICAL PARTIES REPRESENTED IN THE COUNCIL OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF WITZENBERG
- The current incidents of looting, violence and attack on properties in especially KZN and Gauteng;
- The theft, the violence and scenes of criminality have on the constitutional democracy and the rule of law in South Africa.
- That South Africa is currently at lockdown Level 4, during Wave 3 of the Covid-19.
- The safety of people and property is a constitutional responsibility of the State.
Therefore, the following political parties represented in the Council of Witzenberg Municipality:
- Call for peace and stability in all our towns in our Municipality. · .
- Appreciate the work of the law enforcement agencies, neighborhood watches, private security industry, community safety officers, farm watches in maintaining law and order.
- Will work with all communities as elected councilors and public representatives to maintain law and order and provide the necessary leadership to create calmness in our communities. '
- Appeal to our residents across our Municipality to refrain from circulating fake news and unverified. Spreading of fake news is a punishable offence and should be stopped at all costs.
- Work towards protecting our people as well as private, public and municipal property and
- Call on all our interfaith leaders within Witzenberg Municipality to lead us in prayer for peace and stability in our nation, Province and Municipality.
Last published 15 July 2021