Closing Date: 20 August 2019
Salary: R170.00 per day
- Grade 12
- Basic Lifesaving Award(Accredited by Lifesaving SA)
- 6 months relevant lifesaving experience
- Must be alert and able to take quick decisions, especially in a crisis and to stay calm
- For acceptance must be willing to undergo physical fitness tests to ensure fitness and lifesaving capabilities.
- Applicants must be physically fit and healthy.
- Shift ends at 7pm on weekdays and weekends & public holidays(subject to changes)
- Applicants must have a clean criminal record.
- Fluent in 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Implementation of safety procedures regarding the use of swimming pool area; Provision of a safe swimming area; Implementation of swimming pool rules; Handling of the safety of the area around the swimming pool; Constant monitoring of swimming pool; For possible accidents in order to prevent drowning; Complete reports if such incidents occur. General lifesaving tasks
- If the person meets the minimum requirements he/she will be required to work shifts inclusive of weekends
- Assist operator with cleaning tasks
- Close the pool when capacity is reached
Candidates must meet the following physical evaluation as follows:
- Must undergo a swimming test by swimming 100 meters within two minutes in a swimming pool
- If candidate is not successful he/she will be not considered for an interview
If the applicant is successful in the interview he/she will be considered for above post
Last published 08 August 2019