All business owners and lessees of business properties in the Witzenberg Municipal area are hereby informed that a wheelie-bin system will be implemented from the 1st of October 2016. The new system will replace the current method of black bag supply and removal. Removal dates will remain the same for the different areas.
The following type of bins will be made available for purchasing: 240 liter bins & 770 liter bins.
Business owners/lessees are required to determine the volume of waste generated and indicate on an application form to the municipality the type and number of bins required. The bins will be fitted with an electronic chip which will register and record the number of times the bin has been emptied. The information concerning the number and type of bins emptied by a specific business will then be itemized and included in their municipal account.
Note the following:
- Refuse will only be removed by the municipality if placed into the new bins as indicated above, on the pre-determined dates.
- At least one bin per business must be purchased.
- In the case where it is observed that the number of bins purchased by a business is insufficient for the volume of waste generated from that business, The Director: Technical Services will determine the number of bins that needs to be purchased by the specific business to prevent any possible nuisances and/or unhygienic conditions.
- Businesses may make arrangements with private recycling companies for the removal of recyclable waste. This refuse must be stored in such a way as to adhere to applicable legislation and bylaws. The municipality will not be held responsible if the storage of waste creates a nuisance and/or health hazard.
- The placing of refuse on pavements, -other than in the municipal supplied bins and on determined dates will be deemed illegal and these transgressions will be dealt with accordingly.
- The safekeeping, sanitary management and storage of these bins are the responsibility of the business and thus the municipality will not be responsible for any damage, vandalism or irregular usage of the bin.
- Missing or stolen bins need to be reported to the police and businesses may purchase replacement bins upon provision of an affidavit with the reason for replacement. Bins provided need to be clearly marked with the business name and location so that they can be easily identified.
- Bins may only be used for refuse removal purposes.
- Refuse may not be dumped at garden waste skips.
- Cost of bins & Municipal Tariffs (VAT inclusive)
Type of bin
Cost per month per bin
Removal cost (VAT Incl)
R 94 x 6 months
Service availability - R 285.00/month. Include 4 removals/month.
Additional removals at R 72.00 per removal.
R 790 x 6 months
Service availability - R 684.00/month. Include 4 removals/month.
Additional removals at R 170.00 per removal.
An application for Waste Removal must be submitted at your nearest municipal offices by the end of July 2016. The number and type of bins as well as the number of removals required must be indicated on the application.
For further information the following officials can be contacted at the municipality at telephone nr: 023 3161854:
- Mr J Jacobs for technical & operational information & Mr. C Kritzinger for financial and costing information.
Information Sessions to be held as follows:
Ceres: 6 July @ 14:00 in Town Hall
Tulbagh: 7 July @ 11:00 in Town Hall
Wolseley: 7 July @ 15:00 in NG Church Hall
How to get there
Last published 02 September 2016