Closing Date: 22 January 2021
Salary: R 418 242, 76 per annum (Post level T14 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- National Diploma in Traffic and Municipal Policing or equivalent (NQF Level 6).
- Traffic Officers Diploma
- Registered as Traffic Officer at the provincial Department of Transport
- Code EB drivers licence
- Computer literate( MS Applications)
- 5 years relevant experience
- Must have no criminal record.
- Good supervision, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility, ability to work under pressure and ability to handle conflict.
- Fluent in 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Job Purpose: Coordinates and controls the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting sequences of outcomes associated with plans and programmes designed to accomplish key service delivery objectives with respect to municipal by-law and traffic law enforcement in order to ensure the risk of damage to property and/ or loss of lives is limited through prompt and efficient execution of sequences and applications.
Head: Inspector Operations (88.34KB)
Last published 12 January 2021
- Identifies with law enforcement strategies with respect to service delivery and defines, implements and monitors the short term plans/ and planning-short objectives for the functionality.
- Directs and controls the Key Performance Indicator's and outcomes of personnel within the Section.
- Implements procedures, systems and controls to regulate specific work and related applications associated with the functionality.
- Co-ordinates and monitors sequences associated with the implementation of municipal by-laws.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of specific plans associated with controlling traffic and maintaining road safety.
- Disseminates guidance and information on specific key performance areas and requirements associated with municipal by-law and traffic law enforcement.
- Co-ordinates specific administrative and reporting requirements associated with the key performance and result indicators of the functionality.