Closing Date: 03 February 2023
Salary: : R 303 425, 04 per annum (Post level T11 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Grade 12
- Examiner of Driver Licences Diploma (Grade A)
- 3 years relevant experiences.
- Code EC and A Drivers licenses.
- Computer literacy (MS Applications).
- Applicants must have no criminal record.
- Administration skills and ability to handle conflict with good eyesight, hearing and speech ability.
- Good communication, human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Please note: A performance agreement is also applicable to this position whereby the employer reserves the right to institute a performance management program.
- K 53 Testing Procedures for Drivers and Learners Licenses in terms of the National Road Traffic Act.
- Co-ordinate and control the application of procedures associated with the testing of learner drivers and drivers according to specific K53 procedures.
- Check details of applications received against identification and relevant supporting documents to ensure that applicants are there in person and applying written and oral testing sequences and moderate results.
- Establish and inform applicants of outcomes after moderating the test results.
- Provide clarity on specific testing requirement to leaner drivers in preparation of final testing.
- Confirm appointments with students for the conducting of tests for driver's licenses.
- Accompany the applicant to the vehicle and monitor pre-trip inspections carried out.
- Proceed to the testing grounds and explain to the applicant what is required during the testing sequences.
- Keep record of the individual results as the vehicle is put through the various required tests.
- Accompany the applicant and proceed with testing on public roads.
- Request the applicant to perform certain functions and monitor the execution thereof with public safety as first requirement.
- Check the applicant to monitor the use of specific required actions to be performed during the testing session.
- Return to the offices after completion of the testing and discuss specific issues with the applicant.
- Complete procedural information, forms, documents and notifications regarding the testing for Learner's and Driver's Licenses and submit for further processing with moderate the results and inform the applicant of the outcomes.
- Updating schedules and registers reflecting licencing and testing applications processed and extract summarized reports detailing the status of activities and forward to the immediate superior for processing.
- Keep a schedule of appointments and times for individual testing.
- Ensure all stationery and required documentation is prepared in advance for the conducting of exams.
- Keep statistical record of passes and failures and submit it to the immediate superior for inclusion in official reports.
- Receive directives from the immediate superior and amend procedure manuals guiding testing sequences to read current with legislative requirements and specific regulations.
- Maintain records of applications, reports and tests, using alpha- numeric sequences to file documentation and access retrieving information to support query resolution.
Examiner of Driver`s Licenses (242.02KB)
Last published 20 January 2023