Closing Date: 17 March 2017
Salary: R105 564
- Grade 12
- 1 year relevant experience.
- Computer literacy (BD4, MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook & Trim).
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Physical fit and healthy to carry out duties.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Clerk Salaries (66.1KB)
Last published 10 March 2017
- Performs tasks and activities associated with processing and compilation of payroll and salary information
- Maintain and adjust payroll parameters and fields on the system with regards to statutory deductions, rates of pay, transfers, etc.
- Capture salary and wage information for employees and Councillors against specific control votes
- Insert required information with respect to benefits to activate deduction sequences.
- Prepare and extract payroll reports and proceed with the printing of payslips upon approval from the immediate superior.
- Attend to the payment of salaries and allowances by completing bank deposit instructions and the posting of payment notification and advices / non- negotiable cheques.
- Reconcile statutory payments, deductions and allowances and attend to the preparation and circulation of tax certificates.
- Address queries related to deductions and allowances and provide explanations to calculations and adjustments based on information pertaining to amendments benefits and the administration of Fund rules.