Closing Date: 17 March 2017
Salary: R89 422
- NQF Level 3
- 12 months relevant clerical/ office administration and/ or general accounting experience
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, Meter reading equipment, Internet & Email).
- Good human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle conflict.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Perform specific procedures associated with receipting, reconciliation and posting of income transactional data.
- Process transactional data referring to specific transactional documentation and recordings.
- Attend to amendments, adjustments and the posting of transactions to specific accounts.
- Execute procedures with respect to the receipting and reconciling of rates and services related income.
- Generate and forward printouts of payments and complete procedural forms for banking purposes.
- Attend to the printing and posting of consolidated bills to customers.
- Monitor customer accounts and the recovery of outstanding amounts.
- Complete details on reminder notification indicating amount outstanding and circulating to account holders.
- Interact with service departments with respect to disconnections/ reconnections or resumption of services.
- Prepare documentation and records for handover to activate legal proceedings and collection.
- Document payment term arrangements as agreed to with the customer and/ or executing write off sequences for unrecoverable debts upon approval.
- Provide support with respect to specific activities/ requirements associated with the functionality.
- Attend to specific correspondence and enquiries communicated personally or telephonically.
- Provide routine information and refer queries to appropriate departments and personnel for attention.
- Record and update registers confirming bookings and allocation for specific services.
- Receive and prepare mail for postage, batching to sizes and insert special delivery instructions.
Clerk Income Section (67.62KB)
Last published 10 March 2017
- Receive receipts of payments and attends to specific procedures with respect to processing applications.