Closing Date: 17 May 2019
Salary: R 479 776, 76 per annum (Post Level T16 of a Grade 4 Municipality)
- Advanced Diploma in Fire Technology (SAESI) or equivalent qualification.
- Compliance with the relevant Minimum Competency Levels for Financial Officials as prescribed.
- 10 years relevant experience.
- Code EC1 Drivers' License.
- Computer literacy (MS Office Applications).
- Good management, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail, high level of responsibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Must perform duties in the whole Municipality area when required.
- Must work overtime / or attend meetings after normal office hours when required.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Chief: Fire Services and Disaster Manager (100.28KB)
Last published 03 May 2019
- Identifies and defines the immediate, short and long term objectives, plans and priorities of the Sub-Directorate encapsulating planning, research, development and projects associated with the functionality.
- Directs, manages and controls the implementation of policies, procedures and systems associated with Fire Services and Disaster Management.
- Manages and directs applications and sequences associated with the authorization and execution of expenditure transactions.
- Manages and directs procedures, systems and controls to regulate specific operational sequences associated with the functionality.
- Manages and controls the formulation of specific contracts and tender documents and controls contractual obligations in respect of the functionality.
- Directs, manages and controls the key performance indicators and outcomes of personnel within the Sub-Directorate.
- Manages and controls key dimensions and requirements associated with the provision of Fire Services and Disaster Management.
- Manages, directs and monitors sequences associated with the provision of Emergency/Fire and Rescue Services.
- Establishes and manages the immediate and medium to long term objectives and priorities of the functionality.
- Managing, coordinating and controlling the application of fire technology and fire engineering principles.
- Facilitates, controls and coordinates procedures for the staging of Events in the municipal area in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Manage, coordinate and monitor the technical activities of the disaster management function.
- Manage the provision of Fire Safety and Disaster Management required training to internal members of the Fire services as well as parties external to the fire service.
- Manage and provide complete oversight during emergencies.
- Disseminates advise, guidance and information on specific key performance areas and requirements associated with the Sub Directorate's functional responsibilities.
- Manages, coordinates and monitors the different activities associated with the fleet management for the Section.