Closing Date: 27 November 2018
Salary: R 813,635 - R 929,869 - R 1,046,101
• At least a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics OR a relevant qualification Registered on the National Qualifications Framework at a NQF level 7 with a minimum of 360 credits • At least 5 years’ appropriate experience at senior and middle management level, of which at least 2 years (preferably 3 years) must have been at senior management level • Sound knowledge of and exposure to local government operations and municipal financial management • Strong visionary and leadership abilities with strategic thinking and decision-making skills • In-depth knowledge of local government legislation and the statutory requirements relating to the post • Core skills as set out in the Local Government: Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Service of Senior Managers, 17 January 2014 as prescribed in Annexure A thereof• Excellent facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape • Valid Code B driver’s license. Where an applicant does not have the required Minimum Competencies as required by the MFMA, the applicant must obtain the required modules within 18 months of appointment.
Key performance areas:
• Develop, implement and manage strategic goals, policy and procedures in accordance with the strategic goals of the District Municipality • Effectively manage financial services (budget, income, expenditure, activity-based costing, supply chain management and MSCOA implementation) with the establishment, implementation and maintenance of a financial management strategy • Be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Directorate • Advise the accounting officer and co-/senior managers regarding the execution of powers and duties as assigned to them in compliance with the Municipal Financial Management Act • Liaise and interact with individuals, role-players and agencies at senior level at all three levels of government • Assist and support the accounting officer with the roles and responsibilities as delegated by the Chief Financial Officer • Ensure municipal financial viability with the management and monitoring of all income and expenditure of the Witzenberg Municipality, safeguarding of all assets, discharge of municipal obligations and the proper and committed compliance with the Financial Management Act and other prescripts.
1. Appointments will be made according to the Council's Employment Equity Plan, which ensures representation of designated groups including those with disabilities in the Municipality.
2. It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations, which may include psychometric testing. Previous and current employers and references will be contacted. Verification will be done on qualifications, criminal and credit records. The candidates will be required to disclose all financial interests. Original qualification certificates must be produced at any resultant interviews.
3. All applications must be submitted with a detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications and the names of at least three references with e-mail addresses from current and previous employers and a fully completed application form, as available from the municipal website or the Human Resources Department, to be e-mailed to email@example.com (in the subject line of your email please specify - Application for Chief Financial Officer). Administrative enquiries may be directed to the Manager: Human Resources: Ms. Ingrid Swartbooi at 023- 3168181/ firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Canvassing of Councillors for the purpose of being appointed is not permitted, and proof hereof will result in disqualification.
5. Appointment is subject to the signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act. The appointment will be done in accordance with the Regulations on appointment and conditions of employment of Senior Managers. The post is subject to a fixed term contract of employment, as well as acceptable conduct and performance during the term.