Closing Date: 17 March 2017
Salary: R161 786
- National Diploma or Degree in Accounting
- Compliance with the relevant Minimum Competency Levels for financial officials as prescribed.
- Code B Driver’s License.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications).
- Good supervision human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Assistant Accountant (68.06KB)
Last published 10 March 2017
- Contributes to the implementation of the immediate, short and long term objectives/plans associated with the Municipality’s statutory obligations with regards to the preparation, submission and auditing of the Municipality’s Financial Statements by
- Co-ordinates tasks/activities associated with controlling subordinate personnel performance, productivity and discipline
- Co-ordinates and controls sequences associated with the verification and provision of information to be disclosed in the Financial Statements
- Coordinates and controls the implementation of specific procedures, systems and controls associated with the preparation, submission and auditing of the Municipality’s Financial Statements in collaboration with the immediate superior
- Coordinates and controls specific administrative requirements associated with the key performance and result indicators pertaining to the Division’s functionalities
- Co-ordinating and guiding specific deadlines regarding the preparation of financial information and submission of the Municipality’s Financial Statements, checking and verifying that information to be disclosed satisfy the scope of statutory requirements
- Disseminates guidance and information on specific key performance areas and requirements associated with the functionality