Closing Date: 17 March 2017
Salary: R182 151
- National Diploma or Degree in Accounting
- Compliance with the relevant Minimum Competency Levels for financial officials as prescribed.
- Code B Driver’s License.
- 3 years relevant experience
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications).
- Good supervision human relations, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- High level of responsibility.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
Last published 10 March 2017
- Apply the principles and conditions of the multi-dimensional framework to provide the method and format for recording and classifying financial transaction information
- Contribute to the national standard for the uniform recording and classification of budget and financial information at a transactional level
- Confirm and verify that budgetary compilations comply with and reflects all national, provincial and institutional laws, regulations, by-laws, instructions, approved financial standards and that generally accepted financial practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Manage and control the application of all legal accounting laws, policies, principles and accounting practices
- Ensure efficient and effective municipal budgeting and monitoring of the financial activities in relation to the budget of the Municipality
- Support the immediate superior with the compilation of multiyear adjustment budgets in terms of the MFMA, GRAP and the approved Integrated Development Plan
- Produce a budget document that is to be used in allocating, monitoring, informing and controlling municipal financial planning and financial application, in line with the forecasted and expected income and expenditures
- Provide input in the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget for presentation to the Municipal Manager (Budget Committee) through the immediate superior in order to meet the deadlines